Your Nutritional Clinic
Call your Edinburgh Nutritionist 01314672024
Edinburgh office: email@example.com
Food Allergy testing vs Food Intolerance test
Copyright Nutripanda 2014 all rights reserved
Food & Science
for Your Natural Well-
References: Obesity puts your life in danger
1. Paolisso G, Tataranni PA, Foley JE, Bogardus C, Howard BV, Ravussin E:high concentration
of fasting plasma non-
2. Randle PJ, Garland PB, Hales CN, Newsholme EA: The glucose fatty-
3. Lillioja S, Bogardus C, Mott D, Kennedy LA, Knowler WC, Howard BV: Relationship between insulin-
4. Ferrannini E, Barrett EJ, Bevilacqua S, De Fronzo RA: Effect of fatty acids on glucose production and utilization in man. J Clin Invest 72:1737–1747, 1983
5. Waldhausl WK, Roden M: The effects of free fatty acids on glucose transport and phosphorylation in human skeletal muscle. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes 7:211–216, 2000
6. Bollheimer LC, Skelly RH, Chester MW, McGarry JD, Rhodes CJ: Chronic exposure to free fatty acid reduces pancreatic b-
7.Zhou Y, Grill VE: Long-
8. Zhou Y, Grill VE: Long term exposure to fatty acids and ketones inhibits b-
9. Lee Y, Hirose H, Ohneda M, Johnson JH, McGarry JD, Unger RH: b-
References: Conceiving a Baby
1. Impact of obesity on female fertility and fertility treatment Murizah M Zain Robert J Norman Women's Health March 2008, Vol. 4, No. 2, Pages 183-
2. Role of oxidative stress in female reproduction. Agarwal A, Gupta S, Sharma RK. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005 Jul 14;3:28.
3. Evaluation of the relationship between insulin resistance and recurrent pregnancy loss. Celik N, Evsen MS, Sak ME, Soydinc E, Gul T. Ginekol Pol. 2011 Apr;82(4):272-
4. [Does 5-
5. The prevalence of coeliac disease in infertility G.F. Meloni1,4, S. Dessole2, N. Vargiu2, P.A. Tomasi3 and S. Musumeci1 Oxford Journals Medicine Human Reproduction Volume 14, Issue 11 Pp. 2759-
6. Alcohol and caffeine consumption and decreased fertility Rosemarie B Hakim Ronald H Gray Howard Zacur Fertility and Sterility Volume 70, Issue 4, October 1998, Pages 632–637
7. [Exercise and the male reproductive system]. Eliakim A, Nemet D. Harefuah. 2006 Sep;145(9):677-
References: Friendly Sweet
1.Reappraisal of the role of insulin in hypertriglyceridemia. Olefsky JM, Farquhar JW, Reaven GM Am J Med. 1974 Oct;57(4):551-
2.[Experiences with fat-
3. Response of non-
4.Potential Efficacy of Broccoli Sprouts as a Unique Supplement for Management of Type 2 Diabetes and Its Complications. Bahadoran Z, Mirmiran P, Azizi F. J Med Food. 2013 Apr 30.
5.Antihyperglycemic, antihyperlipidemic, anti-
6.Comprehensive Review of Apples and Apple Components and Their Relationship to Human Health Dianne A. Hyson Adv Nutr. 2011 September; 2(5): 408–420.
References: An Enemy to Fight
1. Cancer prevention with natural compounds. Gullett NP, Ruhul Amin AR, Bayraktar S, Pezzuto JM, Shin DM, Khuri FR, Aggarwal BB, Surh YJ, Kucuk O. Semin oncology 2010 Jun;37(3):258-
2. A prospective study of major dietary patterns and the risk of breast cancer. Terry P, Suzuki R, Hu FB, Wolk A. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2001 Dec;10(12):1281-
3. Overview of the health benefits of fruit and vegetable consumption for the dietetics professional: selected literature. Van Duyn MA, Pivonka E. J Am Diet Assoc. 2000 Dec;100(12):1511-
4. Inhibition of benzo[a]pyrene-
5. Protection by green tea, black tea, and indole-
6. Growth factor-
7. Chemoprevention of colon cancer by dietary curcumin. Rao CV, Rivenson A, Simi B, Reddy BS. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1995 Sep 30;768:201-
8. A review of the content of the putative chemopreventive phytoalexin resveratrol .. Ulrik Stervboa, b, Ole Vanga, Christine Bonnesen Food Chemistry Volume 101, Iss 2, 2007,44957.
9. Human tumor cell growth inhibition by nontoxic anthocyanidins, the pigments in fruits and vegetables. Zhang Y, Vareed SK, Nair MG. Life Sci. 11;76(13):1465-
10.Downregulation of androgen receptor expression by luteolin causes inhibition of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells and xenografts.
Chiu FL, Lin JK. Prostate. 2008 Jan 1;68(1):61-
11.Luteolin induces apoptosis in oral squamous cancer cells. Yang SF, Yang WE, Chang HR, Chu SC, Hsieh YS. J Dent Res. 2008 Apr;87(4):401-
12.Cytotoxicity of flavones and flavonols to a human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell line (KYSE-
13.A critical role of luteolin-
14.Induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in HT-
15.Food and drink around the world. In: Miller N, Wetterstrom W, Roger D, et al. Kiple K, Ornelas K, editors. The Cambridge World History of Food. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000.
16.Peasant Agriculturalists. In: Trowell H, Sinnett P, Whyte M, Williams E, et al. Burkitt D, editors. Western Diseases: Their Emergence and Prevention. London: Edward Arnold, 1981
17.Infectious disease: humans and microbes co-
References: Get Younger
1. Discovering the link between nutrition and skin aging Silke K. Schagen, and Christos C. Zouboulis Dermatoendocrinol. 2012 July 1; 4(3): 298–307.
3. Significant correlations of dermal total carotenoids and dermal lycopene with their respective plasma levels in healthy adults. Arch Biochem Scarmo S, Cartmel B, Lin H, Leffell DJ, Welch E, Bhosale P, et al. Biophys 2010; 504:34-
4. Antihypertensive potential and mechanism of action of astaxanthin: III. Antioxidant and histopathological effects in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Hussein G, Goto H, Oda S, Sankawa U, Matsumoto K, Watanabe H.Biol Pharm Bull 2006; 29:684-
5. Potential healthpromoting effects of astaxanthin: a high-
6. Astaxanthin: a review of its chemistry and applications. Higuera-
7. Polyphenols: food sources and bioavailability. Manach C, Scalbert A, Morand C, Rémésy C, Jiménez L. Am J Clin Nutr 2004; 79:727-
8. Curcumin targeted signaling pathways: basis for anti-
9. Effects of coenzyme Q(10) administration on its tissue concentrations, mitochondrial oxidant generation, and oxidative stress in the rat. Kwong LK, Kamzalov S, Rebrin I, Bayne AC, Jana CK, Morris P, et al Biol Med 2002; 33:627-
References: Moody? Run down? Hyper? Stressed out? Make your life easier-
1. Mortality of patients with mood disorders: follow-
2. Nutrition and depression at the forefront of progress TA Popa* and M Ladea J Med Life. 2012 December 15; 5(4): 414–419.
3. Dietary pattern and depressive symptoms in middle age. Br J Psychiatry Akbaraly T, Brunner E.. 2009;195:408–413.
4. Vitamin D and the Occurrence of Depression: Causal Association or Circumstantial Evidence? Elizabeth R. Bertone-
References: Food Allergies
1. Inflammation and gastrointestinal cancer: an overview. Marusawa H, Jenkins BJ. Cancer Lett. 2013 Aug 24.
2. Alternative Medicine, the definitive guide.
3. Clinical Allergy, diagnosis and management, Gerald Volcheck.
References: Heads or Tails: a Journey into the Health Benefits of Alcohol
1. Effects of moderate alcohol consumption on cognitive function in women. Stampfer MJ1, Kang JH, Chen J, Cherry R, Grodstein F. N Engl J Med. 2005:245-
2. Phenolic acid intake, delivered via moderate champagne wine consumption, improves spatial working memory via the modulation of hippocampal and cortical protein expression/activation.Corona G1, Vauzour D, Hercelin J, Wilams CM, Spencer JP. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013 Nov 10;19(14):1676-
3. Metabolism of antioxidant and chemopreventive ellagitannins from strawberries, raspberries, walnuts, and oak-
|Dr Gregorio Torchia|
|Area of Practice|
|Weight Loss & Obesity|
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome|
|Anxiety & Depression|